MamaMiYa (Music Update daily)

Rapidshare/Megaupload/SendSpace/Uploading/Oxyshare/Easy-sharing/Sexupload

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tina Brooks - Back To The Tracks (1960) [rapidshare/blues/mp3 download]

Tina Brooks - Back To The Tracks (1960)
320Kbps /Genre: Jazz

1 Back To The Tracks
2 Street Singer
3 The Blues And I
4 For Heaven's Sake
5 The Ruby And The Pearl



Não há senha/No Pw


Reviewer Ken Oettinger from Morristown, NJ, USA:
The first time I heard Tina Brooks, I was listening to Jackie McLean's album "Jackie's Bag". About half way into the album, I immediately noticed an unknown, beautiful, mature, haunting sax presence, that could easily be distinguished from Jackie's alto. As I continued to listen to the album, it seemed to me that Tina's playing eclipsed all the other musicians. I found this mystifying, since I considered myself a Jazz fan but had never heard of Tina Brooks until I took a closer look at the album cover. Since then, I purchased the Mosaic box set and have come to appreciate, in my humble opinion, Tina Brooks as one of the most identifiable, soulful, and greatest Tenor players in the history of Jazz. His legacy will not only be that of a genius player, but as a tremendous writer as well. Though he may have been a shy, small in stature man, he was a "monster" player. I offer as further evidence, the song "For Heaven's Sake" on the "Back To The Tracks" album. I recently brought this CD to use for sound testing purposes at a Stereo/Electronics chain to test some speakers. After a short period of time, several shoppers approached me & asked what I was listening to. If you are reading this and never heard of Tina Brooks, treat yourself to something unexpectedly superb and purchase this CD.
BlueNote Records Info = http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=8464
True Blue: Tribute to Tina Brooks - Biography = http://hardbop.tripod.com/tinabrooks.html
Personnel:
Tina Brooks, tenor sax
Blue Mitchell, trumpet
Jackie McLean, alto sax (1 cut only)
Kenny Drew, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Art Taylor, drums

Rapidshare / Megaupload /SendSpace/ Uploading/ Oxyshare/ Easy-sharing/ Sexupload / mediafire /filesend /sharebee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home